Sunday, February 15, 2009

Daisy's Been Sick

When I was accepted to graduate school, Leah wanted to get a pet so that she'd have something to come home to every night. I'm allergic to cats, and further am kind of opposed to them. On the other hand, the apartment we were staying in had a strict no-animals policy. Also, Leah will spend up to 12 hours a day at the office, and so a dog wasn't a particularly well-advised choice.

So Leah's sister suggested we get a ferret. And we did. We adopted Daisy from a family-run pet store on July 4, 2003. There's a lot to say about our times with Daisy, but that's not important now.

Daisy has been having a little cold the last few days. Maybe on Tuesday, I was listening to her nap, and her little snores were congested and squeaky. She's been even sleepier than usual lately. The days when she's active, if she gets worked up, she'll start coughing and sneezing.

I think she's starting to feel better, but Leah and I are nervous because ferrets and people can pass colds and flu between one another. So Leah brings home her kid germs, and then Daisy gets sick. I'm just glad that I have a super immune system.

No comments:

Post a Comment