Tuesday, February 3, 2009

5 Things I Love Right Now


1. Chocolate Cupcakes and Peanut Butter Frosting. This was the treat I made to take over to my dad's to watch the Super Bowl. They are unbelievably easy to make (you use All-purpose flour!) and super-delicious. I understand that some of you out there don't love sweets. To those I say: move to Canada. The recipe said it'd make 14-15, but we cooked out the 18 in the little disposible cupcake tin, and still filled my own 12-cake pan. Since we had so many cupcakes, I had to double the frosting. We still have frosting left over. I think Leah's saving it for a special occasion. I'll never watch The Barefoot Contessa, but I thank my stars I found her cupcakes.

2. Bearwood Creek Creamy Potato Soup. It costs less than five bucks at the grocery store, and it makes a half-gallon of soup. That's good enough for a dinner-for-two and at least two lunches. The soup is fine on its own (that's how Leah likes it), but for me, I like to add maybe a quarter cup of canned corn, three strips of bacon (cut up into tiny pieces), and a couple teaspoons of Siracha sauce. Beyond compare for the price.

3. Ferrets. Daisy climbed into one of my cold-weather socks the other day. She wiggled in up to her hips!

4. Cox Digital HDDVR. It's changed my life in ways great and small.

5. Orange pens. They're great for grading, but they don't carry the social oppobrium of the red pen. Also, they don't carry the liberal squishiness of a green pen or pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment