Monday, April 20, 2009

New Readings

Leah and I went over to Changing Hands Bookstore this weekend while we were running some errands. I think we showed remarkable restraint while we were there in making sure that we only got books that we felt like we really needed.

Leah got Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith. I picked up Geek Love, the novel currently under consideration for the AV Club Book Club, which I'm pretty excited about. I still have maybe 45 pages left in Arabian Nights, but I'm really not sure if I have it in me. The last narrative is pretty boring and repetitive.

Also, I really want to read Stephen Fatsis's 7 Second of Panic, but it hasn't come out in paperback yet and I don't want to pay $25. I gave it to my brother Paulie for Christmas last year, so I'll probably borrow it from him.

3 comments:

  1. I remember hearing Fatsis talk about "7 Seconds" on NPR some time ago, but I kind of forgot about it. I thought the story was pretty cool, though, and maybe the book is worth checking out.

    As for the AV Club book, I haven't gotten around to getting it yet, but that's more due to the fact that I am finishing up some other books right now too. I still have time, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geek Love is one of Will's favorite books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul said you CANNOT use his book. And he doesn't want you over for Madden. But I will take you there to surpise him. you'll just have to buy the Miller Lite you promised you would shotgun :)

    ReplyDelete